Monday 16 March 2015

A Day At Brick Lane

The other day, armed with my trusty camera, I head to the Brick Lane and ate a whole lot of superb Mexican food...





God damn this place was amazing. Brick Lane itself has always been a bustling place to purchase vintage clothing (of which I did not buy any at all), and it's also well renown for shops such as Rough Trade East, and it's obscenely large number of Indian restaurants.
However, defying all of the general expectations, my friend and I instead went to this quirky looking restaurant called DF/Mexico. It's quite small, and we sat on one of those large communal tables which gave it a really nice open plan feel. You order similarly to how you would at Nando's, and your food is then delivered to your table really quickly. My favourite and definitely the most unique thing about this place was the choice of refillable drinks that included your usual suspects of coke, sprite etc but there were three unusuals:
Horchata, Hibiscus and Lime & Chia.
I, of course, made it my mission to try all three, and although I found some of them quite overpowering (horchata I'm looking at you) they were all definitely worth the price considering they were unlimited refills! 
Anyway, onto the food: It was good. I had the veggie tacos option, got food everywhere and enjoyed every single second of it. Chilli chips were gorgeous, and my friend ordered a side of their sweetcorn which also tasted like it was made in heaven.
Need I say more? You need to eat here right now.
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs