Tuesday 13 January 2015

Looking After Dry Hair

I have a confession, and that confession is I honestly don't really have a clue how to look after my hair very well!! I've been bleaching my roots for about the last two years now, as I've slowly been working my way towards lighter hair in preparation for dying it (just you wait). However this all changed recently, when I decided enough was enough, and that there must be a product out there somewhere that will help me solve my dry hair problem!!




My search concluded with the purchase of these three lovely things: (L-R)
Umberto Giannini Overnight Beauty Moisture Balm
Umberto Giannini Instant Beauty Leave-In Conditioner
Umberto Giannini Mend My Hair Therapy Intensive Damage Repair

All three smell gorgeous which was an instant pleaser for me, as why would you ever want a hair product to not smell anything but nice?? I use the moisture balm most nights, especially near the tips of my hair as that's what gets driest and this really is noticeable the next day when my hair isn't straw-like. It just kinda rubs on like a moisturiser for you hair, and you barely have to use anything to cover your whole head, I imagine if you have short hair you'll almost have to use a tiny tiny amount as my hair is quite long and I don't use much at all!
The other two products are quite similar, the leave in conditioner is for use after showers and I use this as well as my normal conditioner for that super boost of rehydration and a more softer feel to my hair. The Therapy oil is more for intensive treatment (as the name suggests hm) and I use this maybe once a week to really help my hair and this smells so gorgeous and exotic too. The instructions say you can use it on dry hair but i did this and wasn't exactly thrilled with the results (it just made my hair look real greasy...) so I wouldn't exactly say that's the best way to use it and would instead suggest sticking to using it after a shower as an extra form of conditioning.
Before buying any of these products I hadn't previously owned anything by Umberto Giannini, but the packaging called to me and the product has definitely won me over so I think I'll be looking in their section again when I next need some more hair products!

Do you have any other products that you rely on for your hair? I'd love to hear from you!
Megan
x



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs