Thursday 7 January 2016

LimeCrime - The Venus Palette


Firstly, lemme apologise for these not so perfectly shot photos, as I definitely thought the light was better but alas, the Cornish winter light has not been kind so this was the best I could do! Secondly, I feel a bit apprehensive showing this brand as there is such controversy surrounding them, especially at the beginning of 2015. However, given the amount of time that had passed since then, and how cheap the palettes were in the bundle (also free UK shipping) I thought, why not? So yes, welcome to the first of 3 posts I thought I'd write about what I got, the next two will be up in the next couple of days when I get around to swatching the other products. Oh, to not be a lazy student.


Firstly, let's talk packaging and how I found LimeCrime to be in general. Honestly, I found them to be completely fine. I checked out with PayPal just to be safe, and that was that, the parcel then took about a week to get here, which was incredibly impressive considering it was ordered over the Christmas period and it had to get over the Atlantic ocean to get here first. It also arrived in the cutest little boxes which you can see in the background a few of the photos. This one I've actually turned inside too as when you get it it's all white, then you open it and suddenly it's this beautiful flowery inside. It then came wrapped in yellow tissue paper and bubble wrap so I was very impressed by this. Both palettes were also wrapped up separately to each other too. I definitely feel like a lot of effort when in this to ensure it arrived to me safely, which I was really impressed with.


Now onto the actual product, and everything about it. Firstly, let me just put it right out there now that the packaging is absolutely gorgeous. The case is almost like a hard back book covering, and even has LimeCrime written on the spine so you could even store it that way and it would look nice. I was also really surprised by how robust it feels too, and obviously do I need to talk about the design on the front? Clearly it is totally beautiful. The mirror inside is also of useful size for once too, which is great. I mean, I never really use the inside mirrors but I appreciate the thought of it being a useable size.
The eye shadows themselves are nicely spaced out, meaning I don't end up with tonnes of one colour mixed in with another (does this happen to anyone else??). The names are all written in gold writing too, which matches the cover which is a nice touch. The colours are all pretty decently pigmented, and there is a nice variation within the colours while still sticking to the 'grunge' theme of the palette. The darker shades like Venus and Muse are probably my favourites, as the lighter matte shades were just a little bit harder to get the colour pay off I wanted but as you can see in the picture below it's still pretty impressive! The two shimmer shades are also really interesting, as they are quite multi-faceted and photos just couldn't really do them justice.
All things considered I am really happy that I impulsed bought this the way I did, as I don't really have any other shades like this at all and I'm super excited to give some of these a go when I finally emerge from my house and start using make up again (ahahaha....).
Shades from left to right -Venus, Shell, Aura, Creation, Icon, Rebirth, Divine and Muse

Keep a look out for some more posts on what I got from LimeCrime and maybe a make up using the palettes too. Thanks for reading.

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs