Tuesday 3 January 2017

Back for Round 2

Gosh....

No matter how many times I tell myself I'm going to get better at commiting to this blog it never seems to happen. What a weird four months it's been since I last posted anything up on here. I finished my first term at Michigan, so I'm now on the home stretch. I feel like I've really settled in here and made some wonderful friends, and even though having to get the plane and say goodbye to my family and friends was still pretty awful, I'm really happy to be back.

I'm super excited for my classes this semester - I don't care if this makes me a loser. I'm hoping that they'll be so much more better than last semester, where I ended up hating two of the classes I'd chosen. It's almost that I chose them myself as then I only had myself to blame eh?

For my new years resolution, and one of the main reasons that I'm writing this post, is that I'm definitely trying to make this year more about me. I let a lot of things get me down last semester when realistically I think a lot more positive thinking and taking a step back would really help my mindset. I'm really going to try and throw myself into my last semester here in America, and try not to let the small things get to me. I'm trying to focus on some more hobbies and activities that I can do by myself instead of sitting around moping about being homesick.

Basically, I just want to be more creative and make this semester far more fulfilling. I've picked up knitting, I want to try and draw some more, I'm writing for the newspaper here and god forbid maybe this time I'll actually end up writing more on my blog.

Here's to 2017. 

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs